- Competitive Candidates will have strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Candidates will be exposed to a fast pace environment and be quickly educated of our particular industry standards.
- Industry Related Knowledge of the trucking and transportation industry
- Above average computer skills of daily computer programs used in our industry
Service Manager Job Description
Objective: Oversee a service department that continually strives to improve customer and employee experiences. A Service manager that has the drive to achieve the very best everyday and build a successful team working for a common goal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Safety is first and all policies in employee handbook and health and safety manual are adhered to.
- Continuously seeking potential candidates and new avenues for hiring
- Participate in interview process for new candidates, extend job offers and oversees the onboarding process of new employees in service department
- Comply, monitor and schedule training requirements within service department
- Oversees scheduling of service department employees, including normal schedule of hours, vacation and personal day requests. Ensure no conflicts for appropriate coverage of hours in service department
- Participates in Customer Development and retention programs
- Share positive customer feedback and acknowledge employee practices
- Interact with parts department to provide suggestions and feedback to improve customer experience at dealership
- Ensure compliance for manufacturer’s warranty and policy.
- Advises management of any facility improvements needed
- Oversee tooling and equipment conditions and requirements
- Oversee service department pricing schedules and specials
- Oversee Building and Maintenance program
- Maintains personal level of training as required by certified vendors, DTNA, Cummins, Allison
- Monitor activities posted on Continuous Improvement Communication Board
- Achieve objectives by Daimler Trucks NA, LLC., and elite dealer criteria.
- Monitor customer sales activity and interact with sales staff to support current customers and expand with new customers.
- Perform to meet annual goals established for service department by dealership management.
Annual Profit Sharing
401K with Company Match
Paid vacation, holidays and sick/personal time
Health Insurance including dental options
Competitive plan with incentive options