The Director provides direction and oversight for academic transfer programs, facilitating a college-wide focus on student learning and success, and ensuring program effectiveness. The Dean must demonstrate a commitment to the comprehensive role of the community college described in the Mission and work with college personnel to enact the Mission. The Dean must communicate, educate, and lead effectively, and encourage others to strive for improvement and excellence.
The Director collaborates with all college areas as needed to assist them with data-driven decision-making. The Director works closely with the Registrar to complete required state and federal data submissions per term or year, and with the Dean of Health Sciences, Dean of Workforce, and Dean of Instruction to monitor educational program efficiency and success. The Director reports to the President and Vice President of Instruction/CAO.
- Directs and manages the college's institutional research efforts and Institutional Effectiveness (IE) process.
- Maintains data and report repository in support of the IE process and prepares assessment reports for distribution.
- Establishes an online (intranet) reports warehouse and data repository in collaboration with the Information Technology (IT) department.
- Works with Executive Council and other constituents as necessary to develop and maintain updated strategic planning initiatives for the college including the strategic plan and program evaluations.
- Consults with operational units and programs to promote employee development and best practices in planning, assessment, and data-based decision-making.
- Provides information and technical expertise to assist planning units at all levels in measuring and improving student outcomes.
- Serves as the college representative to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Accountability System.
- Serves as the college liaison to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Manages and reports substantive change in accordance with SACSCOC policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual profiles and all other SACSCOC reports requested. Ensure electronic College data collected by SACSCOC is accurate and timely.
- Serve as the College’s resource person during the decennial and 5th year reports and help prepare for and coordinate reaffirmation and other accrediting visits.
- Act as or coordinate the selection of lead writer and editor for the decennial compliance certification, 5th year report, and QEP, coordinating with all areas of the college to ensure accurate and sufficient narratives and documentation.
- Coordinate the College’s QEP efforts including topic selection process, surveys, data collection, focus groups. Assist QEP personnel in drafting, designing, and reviewing the QEP, annual progress reports, and Impact Report.
Essential Qualifications and Experience Required for the Director of IE, Planning, & Accreditation:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Teamwork experience, preferably in higher education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of qualitative inquiry and quantitative analysis.
- Excellent communication skills including small and large group presentations and trainings.
- Effective computer and software skills including creating reports, presentations, PDF documents and forms, online forms, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete simultaneous projects.
Please visit https://www.cisco.edu/about/offices/human-resources/employment for full application procedure.